Monday, October 4, 2010

Prompt 9

I like what Ketut had to say about facial expressions during yoga. "Why they always look so serious in yoga? You make serious face like this, you scare away good energy. To meditate you must smile. Smile with face, smile with mind and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy. Even smile in your liver. This resonated with me because yoga is a way to clear the mend and release negative energy. Today during meditation I was frustrated because i was jittery and couldn't steady my deep breaths and my face held a frustrated expression. I would have felt a more positive energy if I had relaxed my mouth and face. Mediation can be frustrating when you cannot focus so relating with the corners of your mouth curled up can be a a good way to start instead of getting agitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment