Tuesday, October 5, 2010

prompt 12 (second try)

What do you think is the definition of the word "I"? Who is the "I" that you are referring to when you say, "I am hungry," or "I am tired," or "I like techno" or "I hate techno"? Come up with your own definition and try to write as poetically as you can, much like the example Kyle shared with us in class today.

I am still learning who "I" really is. I'm still at the age of discovery where my thoughts and emotions teach me something about myself everyday. I wish I had "I" figured out completely so I could tell you what it really is, but I'm still learning myself. I guess there are complications to who "I" am. This is what I do know. I feed. I feed off of little things and learn from the big things in life. I'm compulsive and passionate. I try to control my thoughts to control my life, but I fail. One day I will acquire the skill. The little things I feed off of will eventually become the big things in life. The more I learn about myself the more I feel this happening and I know one day I will see the big picture. I am learning about who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment