Tuesday, October 5, 2010

13 and 14


Describe Saturday's meditation. How long did you mediate for? What type did you do? What went through your mind? Where you able to find any peace? How did you feel afterward?

Then, for prompt 14, do the same for Sunday's meditation.


Saturday's meditation was easier than usual for me because my mind was completely at peace. The easiest time for me to meditate is at night and on saturday night things seemed to be in order for me which made it easier to just focus on my breathing. Eventually I fell into a deep meditation which almost put me to sleep. When I meditate, focusing on my breathing is the most important thing to jump into. I focus on it as if it was a math problem and once I solve it the rest is easy. Sunday's mediation presented more of a challenge because I couldn't solve the math problem. I was focusing to hard on my breaths and not enough on relaxing to the point where I was over focusing. I have a cold which is part of the reason why, but I need to learn to overcome the discomfort and maybe start with long shallow breaths instead of deep yoga breaths if thats what it takes for me to reach a mental balance. In class I also focus on my breathing a little too hard to the point where I cannot find my balance- I'm going to work on this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment