Prompt #6
Reread the section on soul mates in the last paragraph on page 149. Then respond to the following three questions: what do you think of this definition? Have you had any soul mates that have entered (and possibly left) your life? How have they served as a mirror for you, as we discussed in class?
Good job on this lani! it is very well written and conveys a deep emotion in such simple words. I like it when you said, "A soul mate doesn't only find a reason for someone's actions, they understand the emotion behind them and are able to predict how one would act in a certain situation- that is the "mirror" effect of a soul mate."
ReplyDeleteI liked this, i think in the future, after we all find our soul mates it would be nice to try and do this blog again and see how much our perspectiive changes on it. Very good read.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you compare your idea of soul mates with Elizabeth Gilbert. "Put simply, a soul mate shows you something crucial about yourself". This is great.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way before I read this quote about what I thought the definition of a soul mate was. I like your last line about how you said a soul mate understands the emotion behind the action that you do.
ReplyDeleteYour definition of a soul mate before reading Richard's is usually what a lot of people think a soulmate is. His definition also makes you think about whether or not people you might have thought were your real soul mates and who could be. Great job
ReplyDeleteI liked this post. I really liked how you said that a soul mate sees beyond your actions and understands the meaning behind them. I think that is a key factor in what makes a soul mate as opposed to a friend.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a similar response to the prompt. I believe that you are your only soulmate, but it is up to you do decide what is right for you. Other people only make interpretations and advise you on the things that you DO, but only you know what you can and will do, or can't and cannot do, or be what you want to be or decide not to.
ReplyDeleteI like this alot, I talked about the same thing in my blog. I don't think i've ever met a "soul mate," either, but I agree that people can be mirrors for you.
ReplyDeleteI can say that I too thought of a soul mate as the sort of cliche definition but after reading, I realized that I was a little off. I love the fact that a soul mate can show you the real you, simply by being themselves and that is how you see how you live your life. Great job
ReplyDelete