Reread the beginning of Chapter 56, bottom of p 171, starting with "Here's what I caught myself..." to the end of the second paragraph on page 172, ending with "right where you actually are". Think of a place or a moment in your life when you struggle being where you are. Then, go into it. What happens? Why do you struggle? How can you try to "be present" the next time this happens?
This year I am constantly thinking about college. At times it gets to the point where it consumes my day to day life and all I can think about is my future. It is hard for me to hold myself back and just realize I am in my senior year of high school, but at the same time I know it's an important detail of my life. When I get into conversations with my parents about moving out I start thinking about it for hours instead of focusing on my senior year. Sometimes it takes a few deep breaths for me to remember that I am still in my last year of high school and should be having a good time. A lot of times I get scared thinking about what will happen after college because thinking about my college process leads me into thinking about my future. This thought is just extra pressure on myself, but it is a thought that is hard to control until my college process is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment