Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prompt 4

Prompt #4

Think of a struggle you’ve had within yourself. Then, write a conversation between you and your own mind like Gilbert does on pages 134-136. Have fun with it while sharing your struggle -- try to add in literary techniques like Gilbert does (personification, metaphor, simile, anaphora); take some risks and have some fun.

Mind: Ok Lani it is time to practice for the ACT's because you know you're going to put it off another half hour if you don't get up now..

Me: If I don't get up now I can just do an extra section later

Mind: You know once you get it out of the way you wont need to do an extra section just get up, turn off the TV. Thats a start...if you time yourself you will be done even sooner.

Me: I don't have tutoring for another two days!

Mind: You know you save it until last minute every time. You will feel a sense of accomplishment once it is finished and you'll also make extra time to improve on anything before tutoring. Stop making excuses for yourself it hasn't gotten you anywhere

Me: Ok I'll do one section now, if I score well I will not retake it but if I don't I'll use the extra day to retake.

No comments:

Post a Comment