I really liked this section due to the ways it described love and how to act upon it. "When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Through the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you." This is saying be patient with love for it will hurt and it is strong. People tend to turn away when love hurts and the book guides you to stay in love instead of turning from the pain. I also liked the quote "when you love you should not say, 'God is in my heart,' but rather, 'I am in the heart of God.' We are in gods best interest which is why we fell in love in the first place. The prophet then goes on to talk about the pain of love and understanding it while you are in love. It does talk a lot about the pain, but it is the sacrifice we make for something so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment